Monday, January 03, 2011

Common experiences?

Anyway, I'm glad I found a nice book because if I haven't, I would be walking around a mall feeling really empty.

It always happens when I walk around malls, nothing much excites you and it's far from having 'quality time' because there's just a whole bunch of people walking around you. And sometimes you meet people you know and you're forced to smile.

You don't even get too excited when you buy things. The moment you see something nice an irrational part of you will go "NICE I WANT TO GET IT!!", and you get ALL EXCITED (for 5 minutes) while shopping cause all of a sudden there are pretty, concrete objects in front of you. Then you go "shopping isn't that bad afterall".

It's like, the reality in non-reality, I don't even know how to phrase it. When you dream of getting stuff, you dream of a certain image you have and when they're placed in front of you everything seems real. So for a moment it's exciting to see an image you wanted being fulfilled.



.. then you buy it and you comb the mall wanting to search for nicer stuff to create the wanted image for yourself but in the end it's not as if you're LOOKING FOR SOMETHING. You're just "looking for something" to fill a sort of, emptiness.

So the next time someone asks me out shopping I might want to buy alot again but when I go back I just know it's not right. And there's never satisfaction. There's always that void.

As the title suggests, I wonder if people feel this way too.

No comments: